Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

IMG_1861

My mother's day began with my favorite breakfast (bagel, lox & cream cheese - Lovey would be proud) in bed! Flowers from our day lilly from the back yard accompanied the yummy food. I was quite wonderfully pampered. 

Breakfast was put away before I got the camera out, but the flowers lasted all day.

IMG_1866

We dropped by my parents house on a little trip around the city, just to say Happy Mother's Day. Jill and I will have a more official Mother's Day dinner next Monday, but I didn't want the day to go completely unnoticed.

IMG_1869

And as a special treat, Leah was with us. Those of you with driving teenagers understand that it takes a special day (or lack of funds) to keep a teenager with the family.

What you can't see too obviously in the picture above is more clearly seen in the next picture. Justin is growing by leaps and bounds and is quite tall now. He's been taller than me for a while now and he's just recently passed Leah up. But he hasn't stopped there.

IMG_1867

You'll notice that I'm not in the above picture. I may be just a smidge taller than my mom, but I definitely know where I stand when it comes to Justin. Fairly soon, I'll only come up to his chin. And even though I gave height to my family's gene pool, that doesn't mean I have to like being the shortest in the family.

IMG_1874

We also went to visit with Grams. And, just like any other day that we go over to Grams' house, someone else drops by. John and Lori were there when we arrived and Jason and Tiffany came just after us. London and Presely were looking cute in their sundresses - I should have gotten my camera out before they left!

A full day.
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.
~Spanish Proverb

1 comment:

Emma said...

JUSTIN TOWERS OVER EVERYBODY NOW!!!



best viewed with Firefox