Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Even More Time on the Computer

It used to be that I rarely, if ever, was on the computer after work. I had enough of computers after sitting in front of one all day long.

What happened to those days? Last year, blogging and creating small photo albums via shutterfly kept me on the computer a little more often than normal. But now I've branched out into an even bigger time consumer: Digital Scrapbooking. I love making the 12x12 pages and I love how they look but right now I spend a lot of time making just one page. I'm hoping that as I get more proficient, it won't take so much of my evening.

Here are two pages that I recently created from my stash of Easter pictures.

easter

What is fun about this is I can download "papers" and embellishments or create them myself. I also love that I can scan in my own handwritting and can add that to the page too.

easter 2

My sister pointed me to Two Peas in a Bucket and so I've created myself a profile. I've only uploaded these two layouts, but I'm currently working on two more pages with pictures from the Easter Egg Hunt, which I'll post whenever they are done.

I've also been downloading all of the free digital kits I can find so that I can start to figure all of this out. The Two Peas site has a lot of cool stuff.

Its been a lot of work and frustration, but I think the end result will be worth it. Plus, it does count as making progress on one of those resolutions made at the beginning of the year.
I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings.
~ Anonymous

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

i love them!! remember when i said you can't fail? well sista, you could write a book!



best viewed with Firefox