She works hard and gives much. She went back to work when my sister was in 1st grade. It may not have been exactly what she wanted to do but she wanted us to have a good education. That's what she does. Even today, she works hard to take care of Dad's unique diet requirements, making most of their food from scratch. I think it will be hard for her to retire and let us girls take care of her.
I love my Mom.
Mom's yellow rose, left at our house when she helped me paint Emma's room
My mother-in-law is a generous woman. She gives from herself. She thinks about other people before herself. She loves her great grandchildren. She's been white river rafting! She has great taste and is a great shopper. She let Kevin's former girlfriend live with them while she was undergoing cancer treatments because her own mother was such a negative presence. She gives the bestest hugs.
I love Dottie.
Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall;A mother's secret hope outlives them all.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes


2 comments:
haha luv that song! sounds like somebody i know, hint hint. ;]
I read this yesterday and wished that I had seen it sooner. You make me feel very special (that's not really the word I want) and very loved. As a mom you have given me the highest compliment that a daughter could give by your beliefs, the way you live your life, and the way you and Keith are raising your children. I love you more than words can say. Mom
Post a Comment