Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looking Forward to 2009

I've been doing some thinking. Not too much of a stretch for the introvert-analytical gal that I am. But, this is the time of year to be thinking of about the coming year and I think that also includes a look back. For me, the big lessons of last year were:
  • stepping out of my comfort zone hasn't killed me yet
  • listen to my body (sleep in for goodness sake!)
  • don't tolerate a poorly run doctor's office
  • practice makes perfect (a.k.a. I love taking pictures)
I'm not big on resolutions, but I do have some thoughts on what I want to be doing, learning, being this next year. And what a way to celebrate my 200th post!

Here are my goals for 2009 (interspersed with some of my recent favorite pictures):

1. Physically
I want to get back to doing yoga (with the wii) twice a week. I got side-tracked with the adjustment to topamax (what a ride that was). I will not try to lose weight, for that is the best way I know for me to gain weight.
IMG_0324


2. Mentally
I want to learn something new each year, to step out of my comfort zone, to keep my mind active and stave off Alzheimers as long as I can. This year I want to work on learning graphic arts skills using my blog backgrounds as the excuse.
IMG_0267

3. Socially
I made it my goal to call 2 people (besides family and my sponsor) each week about 2 months ago. So far, I haven't been able to string 2 weeks together. Ah, the hermit in me is winning but my goal is to keep fighting my inner-hermit in 2009.
IMG_0329

4. Emotionally
I will not keep track of any of these goals with charts, checklists, gold stars or little reminders in my phone for me to check to see my progress.
IMG_0301

5. Domestically

This year I want to get Emma's room painted. Any rooms after that would be extra credit but I would like to get the family room, and kitchen (including the cabinets) painted this year.
IMG_0304

What are your goals for 2009?

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, Kim! FAB thing to focus on. Great work!!! My goals - the usual - get in better shape, get more organized, do more good. Oh and I am SO going to DATE this year. I got a good start - at the practice part - haven't found the right options yet . . .



best viewed with Firefox