I think I have finally recovered from going back to work. With a little energy to spare this weekend, I took down the Christmas tree and gathered up the few decorations that I put out this year. I could do this while the football game was on. I didn't really want to just sit down and watch the game. Just too nerve wracking.
I found this ornament at JoAnn's this year. It reminded me of my grandmother who had little birds that were clipped onto her Christmas tree. I bought two for me and two for Jill.
I didn't take long for the tree to be put away. At half-time, the boxes were taken out and put into the store room (by Keith and Justin). And a little into the 3rd quarter, I ran up to the store to buy some things for dinner. On the way, the Eagles get a touchdown. As I get back into the car, we were down by one point. Not good. Not good at all.
But the Cards had one last drive in them and they actually won! There was a lot of cheering in our home!
Its still so hard to believe. Won't we all remember where we were when the Cardinals won to go to the Super Bowl? Where were you?
I'm looking forward to seeing a whole new level of loud this weekend
~ Coach Ken Whisenhunt





3 comments:
great pictures!! we watched also, and were jumping up and down the whole time! so exciting...and crazy, i always thought of the az cardinals as a joke of a team, i have been proven wrong! or just a fluke...we will see at the super bowl!
i am in love with my birds...
jill b
IM SO EXCITED!!!!! we beat the eagles! actually we whooped them!!!!!! lol. i don't think i was even alive when the cardinals were going to play the super bowl.
Your grandmother used to say that when you cut down a live tree, it was good luck to find a bird's nest in the tree. That was the reason fdor the bird's in her tree. Mom
Post a Comment