So, Tyler's 3rd birthday party last year was one of my early posts.
Tyler was ripping through her presents this year. Clothes just don't get much excitement compared with toys. But, Tyler's response was different when she saw this gift. As she held it up, she told us that she could wear this to church. I was thinking the same thing, too. It is a beautiful dress.
I chased my other great-nieces/nephews around the park, taking pictures. Getting a good picture of London not too hard. She is quite photogenic. Love the sunglasses!
Chase is also very photogenic, yet it isn't easy to get a good picture of him. You get one shot (if you're lucky) and then he is moving in another direction and who cares if your camera was slow. I've started to just put the camera out in front of me and aimed up at him hoping that I got most of him in the picture.
And lest you think that Chase, London, and Tyler are my own children, here is my own family. We were all at the party. Now, usually when I ask for a picture of Keith and I to be taken, Keith can look a little grumpy (he does aspire to be a grumpy old man). But, give him a pepsi and he'll smile like he likes you. I think that is the most genuine smile I've seen captured in a picture.
Leah and me. I love that she likes to take pictures of the two of us. I'm not that good at the self-portrait thing but she's been on myspace many more years than I've been blogging, so she's a pro at the self-portrait picture.
We arrived a little bit late and missed a few of the festivities like the limbo and pin-the-flower-on-the-lei but we didn't miss lunch and we didn't miss presents!
Wasn't this great timing! Brandy makes wonderful cakes. She brings cupcakes for the little ones and then we get nice big pieces of cake (which I love, being that I'm a sugar-aholic). This year's cake had a fondant icing, which looks lovely and is a sugary treat. You know I had a big piece of cake.
John and Lori brought Cisco to the park. And it is now that I realize the one thing that my birthday party didn't have, a pony! I'm so going to have to order that up for the 5oth birthday or maybe even our 25th anniversary, hmmm.
All the little ones got a ride (wearing bike helmets - way too cute!).
And always nice to see a smile on Emma's face.
But before you know it, its time to back up the truck and go home.
A whole year has gone by and it has gone by fast. Life seems to be speeding up. But, overall, this past year has brought a lot of good things and I am thankful for family and how much closer we are as a family.
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing
~Anonymous















No comments:
Post a Comment