Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Birthdays

IMG_0944b

My Dad's birthday is just days after mine, so we generally celebrate them together.  And, since you can celebrate your birthday multiple times in a year but only add one year to the age, I say celebrate again!

We drove out to Grammy and Pappy's house.  I tried taking a picture of the kiddos while driving (I don't recommend this) but Leah's is way better.

IMG_0946

You may not know this about my dad, but he is a ham.

IMG_0947

And now that his daughter has reached 40, he'll definitely have to advance to celebrating anniversaries of his 49th birthday.

It was a nice day.  We eat and sit around and talk.  We also get dessert which always includes ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. There are those who make ice cream sandwiches and then there are those who skip dinner entirely and just eat cookies (and, no, that is not me but I may try that someday).

Zella got to play with Leah (a rare treat). And, as usual, Leah borrowed my camera to get a pic of all the kiddos. The first attempt went like this...



That is my favorite video that my camera has captured yet.  Its only fault is that it is too short!

Leah is a good photographer and she specializes in self-portraits.  Here she breaks the family record and gets 4 people in a self-portait.  If I were to try such a thing, I would be smack dab in the middle and we'd get half of Zella's face and maybe Emma's hair.

IMG_0964

You know you are getting old when all the names in your black book have MD after them.
~Harrison Ford 

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox