Last Saturday was a wonderful afternoon. Perfect day for a birthday party. On Friday, the forecast was for rain. Thankfully, the weatherman was wrong.
It was overcast enough for Keith to want to start the fire in the firepit before sunset. Actually, Keith didn't really need an excuse - he is part pyro and he loves his firepit. He had the wood already cut and set in the firepit and as soon as people started arriving he decided it was time for fire.
If Keith is in charge of food, it will be Mixteca! That's what we had for his 40th birthday and it was wonderful. It was just as good this year. We had mini enchiladas, mini chimichangas, and mini tacos. Yum!
In the background, you'll see Leah and her friends. I can't remember if they stayed long enough for food, but us old fogeys just about bored them to death.
And right by the firepit is Petey. You may have noticed that there are no pictures of Pixie at this party. That is because as soon as Jill arrived and we greeted her and Zella at the car, Pixie overwhelmed Zella with her greeting. And since Zella's comfort is more important than Pixie's presence at the party, Pixie got to play the part of Cinderella without the support of a fairy godmother.
This is the first time my different worlds have collided. There were work colleagues, family, friends from CR, friends from school, friends from church. And I have to admit that when I was making out my invitation list, I was a little worried about that collision (that's just what I do). That lasted until I handed out my first invitation at work and then I was just plain excited about the party.
I had so much fun that think it will be quite a while before I start dreading my birthdays.
With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles comeWilliam Shakespeare







No comments:
Post a Comment