Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I was tagged on facebook, so I thought I'd post here as well.  Here are 25 random things about me.

1. 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat 
2. Just turned 40 and not depressed 
3. Got married just 6 months after graduating from high school and just 2 months shy of my 19th birthday 
4. I did not get married because I was pregnant 
5. #3 shocks me 
6. #3 means that my oldest daughter who turns 18 in March would be getting married this coming December if she follows in my footsteps (OMG) 
7. Closest brush with fame: niece Michelle Rene won the Colgate Country Showdown a couple of years ago 
8. I'm a Software Engineer and my first job was as an intern at Bull as a documenter. My boss went on a two week vacation the second week that I worked for him. I learned C in those 1st three weeks from the K & R book. 
9. I do not have a college degree. 
10. I had a full ride scholarship at ASU (and used it all) but I switched my major from the business college to the engineering college as a Junior after getting a job at Bull and hardly any of the credits transferred. 
11. I lived for 5 months in the 19th arrondissement of Paris right next to a quary that was turned into a park. 
12. My oldest learned to walk in Paris. 
13. The pool in the first home that we bought had been empty and so we turned it into a 'trout' farm (which was cheaper than refinishing the pool), but only were able to get feeder goldfish fish to live. 
14. The 'trout' farm pool grew a lot of mosquitoes and the city dropped by on a friendly visit to give us a fish that would eat the mosquitoes. 
15. We, along with Keith's parents and brother/sister-in-law, used to own ostriches and rheas.
16. In our current house, we have been 'remodeling' our master bathroom for the last 10 years.
17. When I was 35, I started taking cello lessons. 
18. I had to stop taking lessons in 2007 when I got a migraine that just never quit. Sadly, the cello is one of my triggers. 
19. Thankfully, I own my cello, so I can start back up once we finally get the headaches under control. 
20. When I was in elementary school (4,5,or 6th grade,can't remember), I was in the play Pilgrams Progress as Hopeful. Everyone thought that my microphone wasn't working for my solo at the end of the play (because the lights also went out and the pianist couldn't see the sheet music to play), but I just didn't like hearing my own voice and moved the mic farther away from. (So, you see I am no relation to #7). 
21. In high school, I was in the play 'Up the down stair case'. No singing! 
22. I am an introvert and being around people tires me out - the only place that I can go be with people and be recharged is to go to Celebrate Recovery 
23. I've gone through the 12 steps 
24. My dad survived a massive heart attack 4 years ago and one week later my sister had her daughter Zella. 
25. I am content with my life, which is a much happier word than I ever expected it to be.

Consider yourself tagged.  If you play, leave a comment with a link so I can read about you.

2 comments:

Mrs. Nettles said...

I am sooooo jealous you lived in Paris. I cant wait to go back someday. I loved reading this. You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Haha. there r so many things in there that i would have never known. i like #3-5. two of which were references to the third. i wonder if that is cheating. lol.



best viewed with Firefox