Saturday, February 21, 2009

Safety

IMG_0982

After a lot of waiting and putting off, we finally took the plunge and fenced in a little portion of our yard to keep Pixie safe. 

IMG_0993

I'm really embarrassed that we took so long, because she quickly out grew the little 18" fence that kept Petey in (it did so because Petey can't jump at all). My reason for procrastinating? Chain link is ugly.

IMG_0995

This week, Keith and Justin worked in the evenings on the fence.  I think it was 3 days of (hard on the hands) work and we had a fence that was Pixie-proof.  

IMG_1008

On Friday, I actually got to work on time because I didn't spend time with Pixie outside when we first got up and didn't have to chase her down the street and bring her back home 3 times.

IMG_1010

I've changed my mind about chain link fences.  Any thing that keeps Pixie safe is beautiful.

A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: 
serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
~ Sophia Loren

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox