Saturday, July 26, 2008

Coachella is finished!

IMG_3088

I'm finished! I started over 6 times with this sweater and I'm glad that I tried that sixth time. I really had to keep trying, the yarn is a specialty yarn and was costly even at Ebay prices. I really love the halter-top look of the sweater and the Berroco Suede yarn is light and cool in the AZ summer heat.

In the beginning, I hated the yarn. The first two attempts just didn't look very nice. So, the yarn sat at the side of my bed and I entertained myself with making a different sweater, taking pictures, blogging and watching TV. Every once-in-a-while, I'd pick up the yarn and try to work figuring out how to knit with it. Eventually, I figured it out and then the next 3 attempts ended up being way-to-big!

The only alterations to the pattern that I made was to continue making increases once past the increases for waist-shaping in the pattern. I have a little more of a pear shape than the designer, who did a real nice job with the pattern.

What's next? I'm not quite sure. I'm making a little blankie for Pixie using some yarn from my stash while I'm looking for the next thing to make.

IMG_3089

Nothing, believe me, nothing is more satisfying to me personally
than getting a great idea and then beatin' it to death.
~ David Letterman

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox