Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pixie Comes Home Early


We thought we'd get Pixie next week, but she came home yesterday. Woohoo!

So let's get acquainted with Pixie. She is about 7 weeks old and started out life a little early and mistaken for a rat. Our neighbor didn't even realize that his newest dog was pregnant until he looked closer at what he originally thought was something his dog had caught. There were originally 4 puppies but, sadly, only Pixie survived. And for weeks, our neighbor kept Mom and Pixie sequestered so that Pixie would have a chance at life. She's definitely a survivor.

Pixie is mostly Yorkie but has a little bit of Pomeranian. She is about the cutest thing ever. I love how she tries to run and scratch her collar at the same time. She tumbles over, backs up, jumps around, chases and definitely brings joy.

Her first night with us was rough on all of us. Pixie was awake, lonely, and whining between 4am and 6:30am this morning. Leah took her out at 4am, Justin got up and took her out around 6:30 and I was laying awake the entire time. I'm hoping she'll settle in soon. At least we get to make the adjustment over the weekend and not during the week!
IMG_3014
IMG00081
IMG_3032


My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
~ Unknown

2 comments:

The McCrays said...

AWW!! She's precious!!! I had to switch my blog to a new address so I wil be using this one from now on! :)
-Meesh

Anonymous said...

soooo cute!! kim, you are looking more and more like mom. (that is a good thing!)



best viewed with Firefox