We have a few mushrooms in the yard too...
You know how I love to take pictures of mushrooms.
And pretty white flowers {with little red spiders}
But, even with all this Spring, er, springing, for the first time ever, I'm not as excited about the warm weather as I usually am. Most of the time, we desert dwellers have a love/hate relationship with Spring. I prefer Fall to Spring since, in Fall, 90 degrees feels wonderful, but in Spring, 90 degrees feels way too hot and yet we know that it's only going to get hotter. But, even with that dread of the hot summer coming, there is a perverse pleasure of enjoying the blasting heat you feel when leaving a cold building. Plus, I usually am looking forward to having warm fingers, and will be busting out the shorts, the lightweight tops, the crop pants and the sandals from cold storage.
But, now, I'm lingering. Why?
These babies:
For the first time {in my life}, I've got a pair of boots {that fit}. I've worn them to death and they will probably fall apart when I put them away.
Ask Keith, he'll tell you.
And, since I wore them almost everyday in the winter, I've been trying to wean myself now that it is getting warmer.
How's that going?
Not so good.
In the spring, at the end of the day,
you should smell like dirt.
~Margaret Atwood
![new leaves [IMG_0408]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7270/6903388452_5f693e496d.jpg)
![new leaves in the sunlight [IMG_0413]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5280/7049487791_e5314fd442.jpg)
![shroon [IMG_0416]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/7049495765_d4ab6facc7.jpg)
![shroons [IMG_0420]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/7049501705_d07b001cca.jpg)
![spring flower and red spider [IMG_0428]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5156/7049507733_86af89a723.jpg)
![boots [IMG_0441]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/7049513921_4567aea26a.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment