{I'm a little shocked myself.}
Blane and Torrie
Leah, Justin, and Emma
{Just try to get a serious picture of them}
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble with the family photo. Had to bring in the reinforcements - Ami to the rescue!
There's no crying in Easter!
but, apparently, there is nose-picking...
Chase
Tyler and her curls.
{they didn't last long}
Ryder
Post dinner relaxation.
John picks the best seat of the house!
Keith did a fabulous job with the ham. I, of course, didn't take any pictures of the fabulous ham. My excuse will be that by this point, it was so picked apart that it was no longer appetizing. Instead, I took pictures of the desserts which were all yummy.
My favorite was Torrie's Oreo Truffle {or some such name as that}. They were divine.
But all were delish.
I should know. I tried them all.
Several times.
It has been pointed out {by me, in fact} that tend to focus on the sweets instead of the more nutritious parts of the meal. You'll have to tell me what the problem is with that, because I just don't see it.
Grams and Paul
The Crowd.
We waited until after lunch for the Easter Egg Hunt so that Jill, Charlie and Zella could spend time with Charlie's parents first and then come over later in the afternoon. I'll post the hunt pics in a separate post.
Tyler with her Ami and Papa
Brandy and Me
Matt and Debbie
John and Lori
Grammy and Pappy
Pappy did real good on Easter. For those who don't know, my Dad has Alzheimer's and has been on medications for the past 5 years. This past year has been the first year where we have again seen a decline. Generally, when we have him over without Mom, he wants to know what city he is in, how long we've lived here {going on 16 years}, when is Mom picking him up, and will his clothes still be at the place where he stayed last night {his house}.
About half way through the afternoon {even with Mom with him}, he started pacing but once we got him sitting with the crowd, he was again happy and social. He is still in the mild stages of Alzheimer's since he can still take care of himself physically, so I consider myself blessed to have this extra time with him since he really should not have lived though the massive heart attack that he had just over 7 years ago.
Overall, I so enjoy spending time with my extended family. I wish I had more energy to put into the holiday but just being able to spend it with the people I love is more than enough to make me happy.
Past Easter Celebrations at our house: 2011, 2010. Past Celebrations at Grams and Papa's house: 2009, 2008.
On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer.
~ Douglas Horton
![Torrie & Blane [IMG_0445]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5326/7100489885_41fc4ee462.jpg)
![The goofy triad [IMG_0447]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5279/7100503717_d1b2951f5a.jpg)
![There is no crying in Easter [IMG_0449]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5338/6954438812_63a04505a8.jpg)
![Wet! [IMG_0452]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5461/7100513857_9a52f3958b.jpg)
![Those curls didn't last long [IMG_0453]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5035/7100519085_78c9056b05.jpg)
![trouble [IMG_0456]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/6954456726_550e2a25ec.jpg)
![Post-dinner Relaxation [IMG_0467]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5445/7100532965_3edf830111.jpg)
![John picks the best seat of the house [IMG_0468]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5449/6954470088_04564fe335.jpg)
![Sweets [IMG_0469]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7183/6954474366_cb71b45260.jpg)
![Grams and Paul [IMG_0470]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5194/7100546843_3115351328.jpg)
![The crowd [IMG_0520]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5455/7100552863_eb895c2697.jpg)
![T & her Ami and Papa [IMG_0521]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5155/7100557727_1e45365f07.jpg)
![Brandy and me [IMG_0522]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7195/7004608624_e2521a3c3e.jpg)
![Matt and Debbie [IMG_0523]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7103/7100575295_69d142b00e.jpg)
![John and Lori [IMG_0524]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5350/7100579741_ae3d42195f.jpg)
![Grammy and Pappy [IMG_0525]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/6954514364_64452977b4.jpg)

1 comment:
Thanks Kim! Great pics, nose picking and boob stains and all! ;)
Post a Comment