Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oh, Snap

Another month of going AWOL. I do not mean to neglect the blog so, but, quite frankly, I've even stopped taking pictures at family events because they just sit in my camera or in my computer just waiting to be blogged (like Z's birthday, 3 months ago). So, to catch you up in words:
  • Grams had a birthday bash that was on a beautiful Spring afternoon
  • Track/Golf season has started
  • Several hand knit items have been finished and have become my favorites
  • I'm still working and daydreaming of not
My latest project to keep me busy in the evenings and out of trouble is the Rivel Cardigan.

Rivel Chevron [IMG_0399]
So loving the chevron detail.

Back done - or not IMG_0400

I finished the back the other day and I reached down to get out the smaller size needles for the ribbing for the front piece when I realized that I kind of forgot to switch to the larger needle when I switched from the 2x2 ribbing to the stockinette on the back.
Oh, snap.

So, I have to do the back all over.

This was not the happiness that knitting was supposed to bring me.

I decided that I'll postpone the frogging. I'll work on the front pieces first so that when I have to take unravel the back, I''ll at least have something to show for all my work. And, I'll unravel the old back as I knit the new back - another trick I learned while working on another project.
Which should tell you that I've done this before.
It's not easy being green.
~ Kermit the Frog

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox