We have been fortunate to have 95 years with her.
I was slow in posting pictures of her birthday {and Zella's, their parties were on the same day} as first there was just a lot going on and then, well, the story changed.
Boy, I am not good at this.
Believe me.
My kids will tell you.
I've been just staring at the screen here for what feels like minutes...
Grandma Nelson is an amazing woman. She walked 4 miles a day up til about 5 or 6 years ago when she had her knees replaced in her late 80's(!). She did word puzzles every day and had a mind like a steel trap. She cared for her family, friends and for those she lived around and even the homeless in her neighborhood. She served.
And when she stopped being able to serve, she still visited 'Mom', who was the mother of her friend and lived to be at least 106 {the last I heard}. Mom had a hard time seeing and hearing, but Grandma visited her every week until Grandma could no longer visit anyone.
And, then people cared for Grandma.
Until just a few weeks ago, when Grandma Nelson passed away.
And, now, heaven is richer.
Even hundredfold grief is divisible by love.
~ Terri Guillemets
![Grandma's 95th birthday [IMG_9811]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7201/6914128167_4bf3753582.jpg)

1 comment:
I can't help but hope to be as sharp and active when I'm in my late 80's. I love you! Mom
Post a Comment