And I benefit by getting to see her too.
This year, we were able to get together over at her parents house, which I always thought was the most awesome house ever. Of course, it doesn't seem as big as it did when I was a child.
And, since I was in the neighborhood...
... I also stopped by my childhood home, just to see how it looked.
The people that bought the house from my parents were architects and they were going to finish up some of the 'projects' that my Dad has started. The main one was my Dad had enclosed the back patio (that we all had forgotten was a patio) and was going to extend the master bedroom and create an eat in kitchen area. Never happened in our lifetime.
Other changes that they made was to take out the palm trees in the court yard in the front and extend out the living room (making the court yard smaller), taking out the orange tree in the front yard (on the other side of the drive way), and stucco'd the outside.
And since we are talking about Christmas, it is not looking like I'm going to get around to posting Christmas pictures. I suppose, I'm more bummed about this than you, dear readers. But, I am working on things so that I have more energy to do the things I love instead of just work and recover.
Good friends are like stars....
You don't always see them,
but you know they are always there
![Me and my bestie [IMG_9807]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6785798635_1652b208f3.jpg)
![My childhood home [IMG_9805]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7148/6785815229_70df9aa7ea.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment