Joshua trees on the way
Had to stop for lunch at Mr. D'z on Route 66 in Kingman. If you ever go through Kingman, you have to go to Mr. D'z. Best. Root Beer. Evah.
{Seriously}
After watching the bridge over Hoover Dam being built, we were looking forward to driving over it. So, at first, we thought this was it. It wasn't.
Which is a good thing, considering I'm working on developing a fear of bridges.
This is the dam bridge {sorry, mom, it is a family tradition}.
You can't see anything over sides of the bridge.
Again, I'm not seeing a problem with that.
View from the bridge.
We got to the hotel fairly early and made it to the game in time for the parking lot traffic jam and the last minute sales pitch of the scalpers. Best sale: one car in the traffic jam purchasing from a scalper {I mean, really, who drives cross country to the game without knowing they can get it?}
It was really cold, but we were dressed for it: long johns, multiple layers, coats, scarf, hats.
What we are not prepared for {since we are desert dwellers} is cold wind. We completely froze.
And we sat in the end zone, which means we sat amongst the enemy. So we froze, watching a game that went south on the very first play {touchdown on the kick off, didn't you even watch the game? Lucky you} and got to enjoy the semi-obnoxious comments of the fans of the opposing team.
Had a blast.
And that was totally because of the company.
We did leave early. And if you know my husband, you'll know how unusual that is. But, seriously, how much can you take?! Plus, we needed comfort food and found it in Buca di Beppo. Very yummy and we beat the after game rush.
The next day, we checked out late {something I always ask for} and drove home via Flagstaff.
Snow on the mountains outside of Kingman.
As we got closer to Flagstaff, we got more snow on the ground.
The San Fransisco Peaks
The last bit of daylight after we drove through Flagstaff.
I learned a bit more about my poor head and altitude. After driving through Flagstaff, I had a headache all weekend long. Taking something for it on Christmas Eve helped for the day but the headache came right back the very next day. My ears popped Monday night {I was completely shocked} and my massage Tuesday got me back on track. So, now, if I go through Flagstaff, I know I must stop for a few hours and let myself get adjusted to the altitude. Anyone else have altitude affect their migraines?
Happy New Year All!
I hadn't been in Vegas 20 minutes when I got word that the bookmakers were offering three to one that Frank wouldn't show for my wedding.
~ Sammy Davis, Jr.
![Joshua Trees [IMG_9649]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6614447379_6bc6d515f6.jpg)
![Best. Root Beer. Eva. [IMG_9655]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7142/6614473069_dabf24b501.jpg)
![you just think this is the bridge [IMG_9657]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6614491189_38ae178718.jpg)
![the dam bridge [IMG_9658]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7158/6615444243_1ae36ae13c.jpg)
![not much of a view [IMG_9659]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7032/6615458287_3853c3ac16.jpg)
![the game [IMG_20111222_170946]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7006/6615471693_31a8c43f9f.jpg)
![but at least we could freeze to death [IMG_20111222_182857]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6615485691_92716b0f10.jpg)
![snowy mountains [IMG_9673]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6615510895_cfb9a76f03.jpg)
![snow! [IMG_9675]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/6615530997_8972d786d5.jpg)
![San Fransisco Peaks [IMG_9685]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7175/6615549613_7497d4fb31.jpg)
![Last light of the day [IMG_9691]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6615564581_794430f20b.jpg)

1 comment:
You're forgiven. There used to be a street by our house called Cave Creek Dam Rd. Guess what the road was called. Then they built a middle school on it and changed the name of the street. Hmmmm, wonder why? Mom
Post a Comment