Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chase turns 2

Over the weekend, we packed up the car and drove out to celebrate Chase's 2nd birthday (ok, that's a little melodramatic, since it is just a 30 minute drive but way to fun to write).

getting to hold B

I got to hold Brooks for a bit. He is such a good baby (but then I think any baby you can hand off to the mother when its time to eat cake is a good baby :) He slept a bit then looked around at his surroundings.

I had Emma take this picture of me and Brooks. And then, she was off taking a few pictures here and there. She got this pic of Keith.

all E got was a goofy smile

No matter who takes a picture of my goofy hubby, we get goofy pics. One would think that this was intentional.

opening presents

Chase got to open his presents with Dad's help. He got a lot of good stuff.

P looking cute as ever

Presley was watching.

cupcake tree

Pretty soon, it was cupcake time. Have I mentioned before what a great job Brandy does with parties? I love her cupcake holder. She always decorates them differently each time but they always look wonderful(ly yummy).

Birthday cupcake & candles

It was such a beautiful day outside, so we were outside for singing Happy Birthday and for the blowing out of candles.

Brandy was such a trooper, especially considering that she was going to be induced Wednesday. We know she is having a boy, the great debate is what will the name be? That was a topic of discussion before cupcake eating, where each of the party guests offers up a name and the rest critique it. Fun times.

glad these are cupcakes!

Chase took a few times to blow out the candles. Its at times like this that you see the genius behind cupcakes.

Leah and her bestest friend Shannon have officially named Chase as the Cutest Little Boy Ever. I think that title is well earned.

T & Bow

Tyler found one of the bows off one of the presents.

I think she looks especially cute today. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I did her hair when we first arrived. My girls didn't like me to do anything with their hair (very independent) so it was a treat to brush her hair and put it into piggie tails (and Tyler thought calling them piggie tails were funny - they are pony tails, she tells me). We had lots of fun looking through all her ribbons, clippies, and ponytail holders to find just the right ones.

L & cupcake

London was all smiles.

E in cupcake heaven

Emma enjoying her cupcake.

new bike

Chase learning how to ride his new tricycle.

I was out with Tyler and London, pushing them on the swing set. I don't know where this idea came from, but I let Chase, Tyler and London take pictures (very well supervised) with my camera. Call me crazy (I know I do), but it was actually quite funny to see what they would take a picture of. Tyler and London did a pretty good job of framing their pictures - meaning they actually took a picture of something. Chase just loved to push the button and I did most of the 'aiming'.

Here are their best shots.

kiddos taking pictures

It was all fun and games until finger prints were put onto the camera lens. They came off at home quite nicely (no worries), so no harm, no foul.

We so enjoyed celebrating Chase's birthday. Can't wait to see the new babe that came Wednesday evening.
It takes a long time to grow young.
~ Pablo Picasso

1 comment:

jill marie barrett said...

who is letting all of these kids get older? seriously, who?

they are adorable!!
jill b



best viewed with Firefox