Monday, October 19, 2009

Bonus Game

beginning of the game

Thursday was an added game to the schedule, so Leah, Emma and I piled into the car and actually made it to the game in time to see the coin toss.

fuzzy picture of dinner

Dinner from Submarinos. Definitely my fave (even with a fuzzy pic).

Craig Chambers Field

Now, Justin was playing the school that Keith and I met at. I went there from 4th grade all the way through high school (although it was at a different, more humble campus). Keith started attending as a freshman and we met on the track team in his senior year (my freshman).

{ pause for collective 'Awww' }

Not that there was a loyalty issue for me. I'm all Crusaders. But I was happy to see that they named the field after my 6th grade teacher Mr. Chambers (don't think I'll ever be able to call him by his first name, no matter how old I get).

fun with the camera

The girls got a little bored in the stands with me, so they went to go stand by the team (and take pictures of themselves). Whenever Leah goes somewhere with me, I get extra pictures. I love that.

wearing the jersey

Leah wanted to wear the jersey (with Justin's number) tonight. I believe the Marti Gras beads are Emma's, the chips came with dinner.

Love seeing that smile in person.

the two of us

Emma and I.

The game was good but it took a bad turn near the end and it was a heartbreaking end. There was no post-game picture (it was still too soon). The JV cheerleaders were not at the game, so there was no one to even pass out any cookies as a consolation. Now that is just not right.

Still, I love being able to go to the games and supporting our favorite football player.

Sometimes your bench players are your most important players.
~ Matt Morris

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox