Monday, August 3, 2009

Baby Shower for Tiffany

cupcake heaven

Saturday, we gathered at Jesse and Brandy's new place to celebrate Jason and Tiffany's baby that's coming sooner-rather-than-later. And I have to say that the new table looked wonderful in the new house.

hostess with the mostest

Brandy outdid herself, which is a feat in and of itself because she does such a great job to begin with! Lots of yummy snackies with some veggies and fruit so that we don't feel too guilty. Lori brought a fruit salad with champagne grapes which were so cute; they were so tiny.

Root beer floats!

Now, that's a baby shower. I wouldn't be surprised if the root beer was homemade. She had these cute little name cards identifying her snacks and drinks and her decorations carried her theme from the cards and invitations. Very professional. Brandy really should consider party planning.

guests

On to the games. We played one - Itty Bitty Baby Parts. 10 ultrasound pictures and we had to write down what they were.

shower games

Its much easier to guess what you are looking at during an ultra sound when the baby is moving. But a picture that doesn't move, yikes! With that said, I got 8 out of 10 and tied for 1st (woo-hoo).

Of course, the game reminded me of a story of when I was much younger and more naive. I was telling Lori and Debbie about when Keith & I were dating and Lori was pregnant with Michelle (oh, so many years ago) and Grams had a ultrasound picture of Michelle and was telling me that they just found out that the baby was a girl because there were no 'waterworks'. Having only a sister, I had no idea that this is a euphemism and asked what that was. Poor Grams has to tell me. Of course, at this Lori holds up one of the ultrasound pictures from the game and has to point boy-parts out to me all over again - sadly, it was one of the answers that I missed. Somethings never change.

watching
Torrie & Grams

And then Tiffany opens presents. Having two (adorable) little girls, she needs little boy supplies.

opening presents

She got a lot of good stuff.

enjoying
Debbie & Lori

More stuff!

Hopefully, she doesn't have too much more to get, since that baby is due soon and coming sooner. The baby name controversy was discussed and, of course, all us women came to a decision. Time will tell what our new baby Nettles will be named.

thank you...

Aren't these the cutest little goodie bags! Brandy, really, party planner. You are a natural.

I have to say that I'm getting better at making sure I get pictures of family at events. So, here are the shameless family pics...

shameless family shots
Debbie, Torrie, and Lori


Hostess and, in a supporting role, Mom
Our Hostess Brandy and, in a supporting role, Brandy's Mom Dana


Mama-to-be and my girl
Tiffany and Emma


me and my girl
Emma and me

A new baby is like the beginning of all things
wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
-- Eda J. Le Shan

1 comment:

Mrs. Nettles said...

Wow Kim. What would I do without you. I didn't even take pics of my own shower. Thank goodness I have you!! :) I was so glad you guys came!! Thank you for taking some pics!



best viewed with Firefox