Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scrimmage . . . almost

scrimmage sideline

I've been seeing everyone's blogs with cute pictures of their little one's first day of school. I remember those days. I used to take those pictures, now (thanks to the migraine way of life) I wake up when my kids are about to eat lunch. Not that I'm complaining, I just don't have cute pictures of the first day of school.

But, it doesn't take long before we start having football games. Friday's was a scrimmage and I was late. So when I got there I ask if Justin was already on the field or not. What I didn't know was that the varsity was playing first and then JV was going to play next. Scrimmages are crazy like that.

waiting for her brother to play

This year, the fans are not as enthusiastic as last year. At least, not the ones in Junior High.

fans with a bad toupee

But, she was willing to stop texting for a second and take a picture of us. The wind was starting up and we had lightning in the distance. I was not the only woman with toupee hair, but perhaps the only one who asked to have a picture taken of it.

I have to say that Keith called it. He gave us plenty of warning to make it to the parking lot before the rain started but we waited until they called the game before we started towards the parking lot and sure enough I was wet before I got to the car.

At least, Monday's game is a real game and its a home game.

Most football players are temperamental.
That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental.
~ Doug Plank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will see you there with two guests. Mom

jill marie barrett said...

we will see you tonight.

(we are the two guests. unless mom is keeping something from me...)
jill and zella b



best viewed with Firefox