Thursday, August 27, 2009

Monday Night (JV) Football

waiting on the sidelines

Well, whether you like football or not, football season it is and football pictures there will be. The first JV football game was Monday and we arrived shortly after the game started.

sign making 101

We usually try to get a spot at the top of the bleachers, not for the view but for the ability to lean back against something! From my vantage spot, I was watching these girls show their team spirit (for their brother?) by making a sign. Dad got to pour the glue (elmers) and the glitter (no fair) and the girls got to use the markers. Almost right after sprinkling the glitter, the sign was up and waving. It was cute to watch.

Smile while holding onto an unwilling child

Mom was on campus for Band Night. Jill, Zella, and Dad timed their arrival so that they would meet Mom at the game at the same time. And even though I didn't drag out the camera right when the got there, Zella was still camera-shy for me.

Dad and me

Dad and me.

big thumbs up from Grams

A thumbs up from Grams.

tootsies

Since I couldn't get a picture with Zella knowing, I took a couple without her knowing. I love that her flip-flops have a little bling.

on the field

But, amazingly, at the family reunion, a football game broke out. Justin is a offensive lineman and at this time of night it is difficult to get any picture without a flash (I love my camera). But, I was able to catch a few of them plus I tried to get a few plays on video so Leah could enjoy them.



You'll see Justin at the top of the screen. Once he pushes through the line, he follows the play to the end.

caught Z unaware

Zella, who still didn't know I was taking pictures of her.

post game

Last year, I was able to get a picture of Justin after every game that we attended. I'm going to try to do that again this year.

Good game, Justin!

Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent.
~ Dave Barry

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox