Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nocturnal Hunting

In the evenings, when the kitchen light is turned on, the light attracts bugs and their predators, lizards. I love to watch the nightly hunt. They sit very still, hanging on the window, readjusting every once in a while to get a little closer to a bug or moth. But, most of the time, the bugs fly too close and they don't have to move at all. It is really quite fascinating.

IMG_2535

We haven't seen the lizards this spring. Maybe it was the wonderfully cool Spring weather we had that kept them at bay. Well, at bay until last night. I was very happy to see that our nocturnal hunters were back that I grabbed my camera (and totally ignored our horribly water spotted windows, please do the same - I shall have to get Emma on that).

An open mind, like an open window, should be screened to keep the bugs out
~ Virginia Hutchinson

1 comment:

Emma said...

i am not getting close to those windows, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SPIDERS?!?!?



best viewed with Firefox