In the Nettles style, we dropped by Grams' house around 5pm last Sunday for food and swimming. I should have passed my camera to someone because I didn't get as many pictures this day as I usually do because I got in the pool for a while. This summer it hadn't been crazy hot yet, so the water was still a little chilly (you know, chilly for a Zonie, i.e. not bath water), so I only made it to the 3rd step.
But the kids enjoyed the water. Leah and Justin had many races across the pool. Leah picked the side of the pool that is just a smidge shorter (not that this helped her win or anything).
Justin, Jesse, and Trinity were doing cannon balls. This is before...
... and here's a splash (of another one).
I did take a little video of some of the cannon balls, but I had turned my camera on its side to get the video and I haven't figured out how to turn that around so you don't have to turn your head to watch it.
London eating a grape watching her dad play in the pool.
Presley eating her grapes.
Chase ready to swim!
Ah, boys will be boys. This went on for quite a while.
John out did himself, grillin' up some wonderful steaks with an assortment of marinades. Keith made some yummy homemade ice cream. Everybody else brought side dishes or deserts to complete the meal, which was yum-o.
After dinner, when we were all sitting around talking, John spoke of remembering Papa, his fondness for his family, how hard he worked so his family could have the things that he didn't have. Papa left us a great example of how to love family. It is good to remember.
This is one of those times that I wish I had more pictures of Papa. This is one of the main reason why I force myself to get over my shyness of taking pictures of people where they look at the camera.
I've had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.
~ Bartrand Hubbard








No comments:
Post a Comment