Sunday afternoon, we dropped by to visit with my Dad for Father's Day. It was an unscheduled visit since Jill and I were going have a Father's Day dinner with Dad and Mom Monday night. I forgot to bring my camera (doh), but I had fun playing with Zella and her collection of My Little Pony's and Littlest Pet Shop toys. We had a nice dinner, trying a new recipe and getting to name it ourselves (I've already forgotten it - Mom did you write it down?).
But back to Sunday...
We got to see Dad's new car...
We all sat around and talked. An added bonus to holidays is that we get to see Leah. And since we all came in one car, she was stuck with us the entire day (poor girl). She didn't see her friends for 7 or 8 hours and was going through withdrawals near the end of the day. Not a pretty site.
Grammy learned how to play poker. Well, started to. They kept changing the games that they were playing, so I'm not sure how much Grammy will remember the next time they play. I'm thinking that it was just fun to play cards together.
I have made it my habit to take a few pictures as we leave, just so that I make sure I get at least some pictures of smiling faces aimed at the camera. This picture has already been talked about before it being seen. Monday, we all talked about how tall Justin is and how he could rest his arms on Mom and Emma's shoulders. It shouldn't surprise me because of how tall Keith is, but it has been a long time since I've been the shortest of the bunch (yes, that would be high school).
But you've got to look at Emma in this picture. She is clearly taller than Grammy and has just passed me up in height (which is why I'm not in that picture).
I have done what I could to add height to a short family.
I don't think there is anything that can be done about the goofy factor...
The best things in life are silly
~ Scott Adams







1 comment:
The name for the new recipe we decided on was Summer Chicken Pasta something. I did write it down! Mom
Post a Comment