Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Treasures Found

When we emptied drawers Emma's room so that we could sand them and prepare them for painting, we found some treasures. Pictures!

These are pictures that I didn't take. Many mom's would give me a picture or two when they were on field trips that I couldn't go on. I would get them in envelopes and in baggies and sometimes just in the Monday folder, so you can understand why the pictures didn't always make it into the photo box. I didn't even write a date on the back these, so I have no idea of how old Justin is in each picture.

justin0002


justin0003


justin0001

This last treasure is by far my favorite! I'm not sure if Justin ever got "the thing he [was] saving up for" but I just love the contract written by 10 year-olds (or so). I love that it was written in pencil and then parts were traced with the red ink. I love the blanks that are filled in. I love the signatures with the X before them.

justin0004

Finding this provided us an opportunity to get out the memory box that I have for each of the kids. Justin and Emma had fun looking at what I had saved.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
~ Unknown

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first 2 pictures make me think of 1st grade. The contract is a save forever item. If you do a collage page in a scrapbook, the contract should be in it. Mom

Emma said...

oh great mom, why did u put up our contract? thats so old

jill marie barrett said...

i think i could find a few oldies in my picture stash... i have the sweetest letter from emma i can scan and post.

jill marie barrett said...

how does one respond to a comment left on their blog? do you go back to the person's blog that left the message and then respond to their comment on your blog by posting another comment on their last post? i will have to think about this....
the foot is good. the doc. said that a 45 degree cut is really hard to stich up. they did give a tetnas booster to her. oh my gosh!!! that was worse than the actual cut. i almost had to leave the room durring the shot. she flinched really hard so they had to give her the rest of the shot in the other arm. yup, matching bandaids on her arms. i was paceing the floor while charlie held her...not fun, so sad

emma said...

wut is this so called "sweetest letter from emma"? when did i write it?



best viewed with Firefox