Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bridal Shower for Torrie

Back in June, Emma and I went to Torrie's Bridal Shower. We had a great time.

Corny Wedding Shower Games: Dressing the Bride

Of course, there were corny shower games. The first one was 'Dress the Bride'. We got ribbon, toilet paper, safety pins and a willing victim, er, bride-to-be. Lots of laughter! Lori, being a good seamstress, jumped in and designed a great dress.

Torrie as the "bride"

Torrie was a good sport and her friend (sorry can't remember her name) was also instrumental in the great wedding 'dress' that Torrie got to model.

The lineup

Several of Torrie's friends are also brides-to-be so it was easy to pick the models and the teams were formed by everyone just going to which ever room they wanted to go to.

Now, Torrie's Grandma picked the winner, so guess who won? If I was one of the contestants, I would have said it was rigged, but I wasn't even in the running so I'll just let it go.

Bridal Bingo

Aren't bridal shower games fun! Of course, I didn't win. Not even the double bingo game. Just another reason why I don't go to the Indian Reservation for a friendly game of bingo.

Opening the gifts

Torrie and Blaine will have a house full of good stuff! We got to go over to see their house after the party and it is very cute. They've already done a lot of painting and decorating and have done a great job! Very inspiring.

The bouquet of bows

Now is it you have as many kids as ribbons you break when opening your gifts or is it if you break any ribbons you are not going to have any children. I can't remember but Torrie had the biggest bouquet made from the ribbons and bows from the presents.

Yummy cake!
Yum!


towel cake

Now, this was a cute idea for a gift/centerpiece: a cake made from towels and other goodies. Lori, Dottie, or Debbie got the instructions on how to make this and how many towels are needed, so this will be filed in the back of my mind if I ever need to give a bridal/baby shower ('cuz that won't be for a while - right, girls?).

All the girls
Emma, Kim, Torrie, Dottie, Lori, and Debbie

Emma and I had a great time and we look forward to an October wedding.

scrapbook page

That's the best part about being really behind in posting pictures is that I can share the scrapbook page that I've created along with the pictures of the shower. I've been using gimp, which is free (ya' got to love that) and I haven't run out of things that I can do with it yet. For this page, the background paper comes from a free kit that I downloaded from Two Peas and the font is called Girls are Weird and I snagged it from dafont.com. The little tag at the top comes from the invitation (which is why it doesn't match the color scheme). I have been adding my own handwritting, but on this page I used someone else's (Becky Higgin's, I believe).

A little girl at the wedding afterwards asked her mother why the bride changed her mind. What do you mean? responded her mother. Well, she went down the aisle with one man, and came back with another.

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox