Yesterday, along with a few other errands, I went looking for some yarn. I really like my February Lady sweaters and want a couple for summer with a lighter yarn and the Patton's Grace is what I went looking for.
The Grace comes in a smaller 50g skein, so I'm going to have to get at least 15 skeins of the same die lot. Yikes. I've done this twice before. Years ago I found 10+ skeins (16, I think) in a JoAnn's and a Michael's for a cabled sweater. And last year, Emma and I have found 10 skeins before by visiting a few stores and finding 5 here and 5 there. But 15? That's not going to be easy, but its been done before.
I visited 3 Michael's and 1 JoAnn's. I sat on the floor and sorted skeins by colors. I made notes in my phone so I could tally up when I was done. I'm sure I got strange looks by other customers. At one store, an employee asked if I was sorting by die lot (why, yes I am). Unfortunately, after all that counting, the most of one die lot that I found across multiple stores was 12.
I suppose that I should take that as a sign that I need to continue to work on my coachella sweater which I finished last summer and only wore once because it was just too small. Actually, I don't believe in signs, so its really an opportunity. Can you tell that I'm dragging my heels on this one project?
The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.
~ William Shakespeare




No comments:
Post a Comment