Its not Keith.
Its not Justin.
Its not Justin.
Its Leah!
Not that it surprises me that Leah is talented. She is in so, so many areas. I think it is fabulous that she caught me off guard with this. She hid her talent well, or perhaps she is blossoming quite rapidly into such a wonderfully talented young lady. I'm gushing (I'm allowed, I'm mom).
We shall have to content ourselves with a partial flower. The picture is due soon and she will be turning it in. I asked if she could take a picture of it at school before she turned it in. Her response - she can't take pictures at school and if she did, her teacher would take her phone. So, of course, I'm dumbfounded. There must be a clause in the school rule books for mothers and their blogs? Alas no. Perhaps you are dumbfounded to. Not that she can't use her phone at school but that I, miss black-and-white, miss there-isn't-any-bit-of-gray-in-this-world, miss my-mother-is-a-principal would actually ask her daughter if she could take a picture of it at school with her cell phone. Go figure.
Here's another one of Leah's projects for art . . .
The assignment was to cut a portion of the picture away (an eye, part of the nose and mouth) and then draw in what was cut away. Didn't she do a great job! Her teacher put a little sticky on it that said:
"Leah, This is outstanding! You observed & included subtle value changes in his skin & totally captured his expression! His eye is so well done! Great job!"She always does me proud, but its nice to gush in public about my number one gal.
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
~ John W. Gardner from thinkexist.com



3 comments:
Thats amazing. I always envy anyone who can draw. Thats sooo cool!! Tell Emma we are sorry we missed her party last Sunday :(
those are amazing!! i always knew that keith was good at drawing. so it's cool to know that he passed down the artist gene to leah and justing, and not his bald head.
just kidding
jill b
WOW! She is an Arteest! Way to go Leah!! Tell Emma a happy Belated B-day from Shelly and David. She's a big teenager now!! Watch out!! :)
Post a Comment