Water was perfect for dangling your feet in (which we did), but the air temperature was much too warm for sitting on the side of the pool without jumping into the pool every once in a while (which I couldn't because of previously mentioned forgetfulness).
My Mom's 39, you know. Or something like that. Youthfulness (or lying about our age) is a genetic trait in our family. Why, my dad was 29 for years. At least he was until I turned 29, and then he too had to grow up. I'm not quite sure how old he claims to be is now, but I digress...
My mom, 39, same age as me (certainly could pass for it), has less gray hair than I do. Not fair! I can hear my Dad now . . . 'fair? ... you want to talk about fair?' . . .
You may not have heard my Dad's infamous speech on fairness. Suffice it to say, the full speech was given when I was way too young to remember it, but apparently it made a big impression and ever since Dad only had to repeat the phrase (and repeat it often, he did) 'fair? you want to talk about fair?'
Anywho...
Happy Birthday Mom
Last week the candle factory burned down.
Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday.
~ Steven Wright





No comments:
Post a Comment