Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tyler and Me

Yesterday evening, Tyler and I got to spend some time together. When I asked her if I could take her picture, she knew just where she wanted her picture taken. She was tapping her feet and tugging at her dress - I think she liked the attention.

Later in the evening, she was sitting next to me on the couch. We talked about her shoes, stinky feet, and pony tails. We played Tyler-is-hiding-behind-the-pillow and I'd tickle her feet. Then, she'd tell me how I was supposed to ask everyone where she was. I really enjoyed these little games.

Brandy was concerned that Tyler was bothering me, but I'm learning I have much more patience with other people's children than I did with my own.

It makes me think that I would really enjoy being a grandma - of course, I can wait until school has been completed and my kids are married!

I keep telling my children, "That's not the same woman I grew up with. You are looking at an old person who is trying to get into heaven now."
- Bill Cosby, talking about his mother

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox