Yesterday evening was a migraine evening. The TV was sooo loud but no one else could hear it. Obviously, sitting down to rest in the family room wasn't doing the trick.
So, off to my bedroom and out comes the knitting

. I finally have figured out how to knit with ribbon so I can start (again) the
cute tank from knitty. The yarn, the wonderful Berroco Suede which was purchased from ebay, arrived last July 2nd. I did not anticipate how hard it would be to knit with a flat ribbon 'yarn'. My gauge swatch was knit up quick and I washed it to make sure that it wouldn't shrink (first time for everything). But once I started the actual tank, I was unhappy with the way it was looking. So, I pulled it out and set the project in my closet and worked on a crocheted blanket for Leah. Now that the blanket is complete, the suede tank is back on the needles. I have been working on getting the ribbon to lay nicely and finally figured it out. And if it continues to work throughout the rest of the tank, I'll post what I found.
As you can see, the tank is coming along quite nicely. I've almost made it back to the point where I quit last summer!
Use what talent you possess
the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.
- Henry van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment