Friday, February 22, 2008

Dreary Rainy Day . . . Yeah!

This has turned out to be a dreary, rainy day. If it were Saturday, I'd curl up in my chair and knit/read in front of our wood-burning stove. I've got just the knitting project for it. But, alas, it isn't.

It's not all bad. We've gotten a lot of rain this winter and that is keeping my neglected garden alive. It didn't fair so well last summer when I couldn't take care of it on a daily basis because of being wiped out by a continuous migraine. But, even when I can take care of my garden, I'm a lazy gardener... I let everything grow past their prime and whatever goes to seed in the summer may sprout the next year. So, with all the rain we've had recently, little lettuce have sprouted. We generally have lettuce in the drive way and lettuce in the grass because the seed spreads. But, this year, it seems like all of the seeds are sprouting. I've had to do a little weeding too, but, as you can see, I'll have to a lot of thinning to do as well!

It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow.
- Unknown

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox