Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Clue 3: Transformation

Previous: Dreamscicle, Clue 1: Emergence, Clue 2: Growth
 IMG_0288

This clue added a smaller leaf on top of the newly finished larger leaf of clue 2 and a cluster of nupps in place of the bud.

IMG_0287

The nupps were not my friend. I ended up using 6 stitches in my nupps, otherwise they would disappear. Plus, I found them hard to work, as this is my first time ever working with them. I found that I needed to keep the stitches loose otherwise it was impossible to pull the stitches over.

But, that is the best part about a KAL. When I started to have problems, I popped over to the ravelry KAL forum (rav link) and saw that other people were having the same problems was able to see how they solved it. Much easier than trying to figure things out myself.


And this is the scarf, up to this point. Totally loving how this is turning out.

And, after I took the picture, I saw other pictures and realized that the scarf isn't supposed to be a triangle scarf, like I've been thinking all along {and I've been worried about how I was going to have to stretch the heck out of the triangle point because mine does't really have much of a point}. The beginning actually is in the middle of the bottom edge which is straight.

Ingenious.

Clue 4 is out and done. I just have to take pictures and post. I'm in the process right now of binding off. Very excited to be finished with something new!

No greater thing is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.
~ Epictetus

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox