This was an interesting clue. The cast on and first 6 rows gave me fits. I spent well over 6 hours trying it over and over and over again. I just needed an extra set of hands!
But, it did not beat me.
I can say, it did help to get out my bamboo dpns. And I had to use the yarn a little creatively as an extra hand by sticking the other end of the needle into it.
But, it was worth all the extra pain. At first, all you see is a jumble of yarn. But, all of a sudden, there is a border and the shawl on top.
Finally, back to straight needles...
Beautiful border
The gauge swatch hinted at the lattice but didn't give away the surprise of the buds.
And, as the second clue came out today, I am very curious as to what the next part of the shawl will look like.
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly.
~ Richard Bach
![Emergence [IMG_0198]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8446/7848301782_91dddfb439.jpg)
![starting out - row 3 [IMG_0189]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8285/7848313178_464dd787bf.jpg)
![row 6 - [IMG_0193]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7279/7848331760_eff6d05e77.jpg)
![row 6 on one needle [IMG_0194]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8303/7848340908_d50afc3ba4.jpg)
![edging [IMG_0202]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7114/7848348416_671078cbbc.jpg)
![lattice with buds [IMG_0199]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7251/7848355956_95e1dae196.jpg)
![Emergence [IMG_0203]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7269/7848369202_58cb5574a8.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment