Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Celebrating February Birthdays

A couple of weekends ago, we got together to celebrate the February birthdays in my family.

Dad and Me [IMG_7754]

Dad was just saying that he hadn't seen us in a while. And, while we had just seen them at Christmas and at Zella's birthday party, he does see my sister more often since she visits once a week.

Z's gift to me [IMG_7756]

The best part about birthdays is you get presents! I got a knitting book from my parents. My sister gave me a photo album and made the cutest shabby chic album cover {she has been quite the little seamstress lately}.

But, I am most partial to the present that Zella gave me. You know, I have lamented before about the fact that my own kiddos have stopped bringing home their artwork from school {although, Emma has started to draw more and I'll have to post a few of them because they are just too cute. Until then, you'll just have to go see for yourself}. So, I was most pleased when I received a Zella original, complete with her world famous kitties.

Z's art [IMG_7758]

You'll notice that there are presents. Zella told me what was in each one. Sadly, now that it is two weeks later, I only remember that the small one holds a ring. The Happy Birthday banner looks very much like the one my sister had made for Zella's birthday. The Dad kitty is sitting at the table and the Mom kitty is standing behind him holding a spatula. The dinner - spaghetti and meatballs. The rug is complete with a heart.

I love the details in the roses on the table.

And, the best part is it fits in the album, ingenious of my sister to buy 12x12 white paper for Zella to draw on.

Now, really, what else could I possibly want?
{other than more Zella B originals, that is}
When you look at your life,
the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.
~Joyce Brothers

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox