Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Labyrinthitis {or What I Did on My Sick Leave}

A couple of Friday's ago, I lazily rolled over in my bed {it was not time to get up yet, not for this late riser} and the world she started to spin. Not pleasant, but I didn't think too much of it until it happened twice more, each time more dizzying than previously with my eyes darting back and forth.

I did what any one would do in that predicament...
...I stopped rolling over and kept my eyes shut!

Well, after the weekend of sleeping upright and not tipping my head in the slightest {and not getting better}, the doctor told me that I had Labyrinthitis and that it would get better on its own in about a week. He gave me a do-not-work-for-a-whole-week note {which I considered it to be a Get Out of Jail Free card} and the recommendation to get some Meclizine and a lot of rest.

Meclizine is wonderful.

But, a week's worth of time should be spent crafting, don't you thing?

cotton braided necklace [IMG_7875]

So, last week, after finishing up the Mae Flower Necklace, I decided on the Cotton Braided Necklace. It isn't made as you would think. Instead of braiding 3 or 4 strands, you make two that have eyelet holes in them and then weave the two through each other over and over again. Very ingenious and fun.

beaded fun [IMG_7877]

Next, I decided to pick up a project that has been floundering since 2008. Its one of those secret projects, so I'll only show a little bit and say even less about it...

2008 and this years [IMG_7883]
right: knitted in 2008, left: knitted last night

But, what I will say is this. When I first started, I thought knitting with wire would be easy-peasy. Boy was I wrong. I ended up knitting way too tightly and it ended up looking like a jumbled mess {at least it did to me}.

I've been pleasantly surprised that now I'm not finding it so hard and I've been able to work through this pattern fairly easy. I will be finishing the knitting tonight and will be able to do some assembling shortly!

I think I like doing small projects in between the bigger ones!
Red meat is not bad for you.
Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you!
~ Tommy Smothers

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox