Saturday, July 10, 2010

Office Art

Having to pack up my cube at work, I found a treasure trove of art that has been made for me over the years that I thought I'd share with you.

art from my favorite firstie[IMG_6137]

Leah making use of her last name.

rose by value [IMG_6138]

Leah's rose in dots

island paradise [IMG_6139]

Leah's island paradise

military scene [IMG_6141]

Justin's military scene.

We got a lot of these after 9/11. Prior, he was all Star Wars and clones. But, immediately after 9/11, he was drawing military scenes, bombs, and many of his drawings had labels for good guys and bad guys.

He was 6 years old that year.

hot air balloon [IMG_6142]

Emma's Hot Air Balloon

home [IMG_6143]

Emma's portait of our house.

I blurred out our address, but the best part of the address was the addendum of "USA, North America, Earth".
 just in case the mailman wasn't quite sure 
which USA it should be sent to.

mothers day love

Mother's Day card from Emma

Gifts promised:
  1. Obey
  2. Clean Room
  3. Together watch movie
  4. Make your bed
  5. Hug
  6. Kiss
  7. Make Breakfast
 And, for the record, she thought I was nice. So, no matter what stories you've heard, I was a nice mother {and that's the story I'm sticking with}.

monkey cutouts [IMG_6153]

Emma's monkeys {love these}

cutout bear [IMG_6154]

Emma's bear
{colored on both sides}

battleship cutout [IMG_6155]

Justin's battleship

the fastest car [IMG_6157]

Justin's fastest car.

When Justin was in preschool and kindergarten, he and the other boys would draw the smallest items and cut them out. Many times, it was cars and they would have 'races'. Justin would come home and show me his cars and tell me about each one. Of course, only one would be the 'fastest' car. I always thought that was cute, since he was the one powering the cars.

misty [IMG_6161]

Taking down these pictures made me a little misty. I loved watching the kids play sports and certainly miss watching Leah {especially since I missed seeing her play in State basketball tournament her sophomore year because that was when The Migraine hit}. And I love that I have pics of my nieces too.

military in 3d [IMG_6147]

And this is my favorite piece of all. This is Justin's and it dates back to the time of military and cutting out little items and adds in the new twist of 3D. You can see I'm missing a few pieces by the little green dots because Justin was very detailed in his diorama and colored the tabs on the bottom of the figures that were used to glue them to the paper.

On the left is the ocean and on the right is an air strip {I think I'm missing planes}.

military in 3d [IMG_6148]

L O V E   I T ! ! ! Love the army men. Love the tanks. Love that we get to see tanks from two angles.

military in 3d [IMG_6149]

And we get battleships on the ocean, too. What else could anyone need?

Now that my kiddos are older, I don't get a lot of art coming my way any more. Sure, life is a lot easier now that they are older...
... but, I miss their creations,
seeing what was going on inside them,
seeing them develop through their art

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
~ Pablo Picasso

2 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

Those were awesome! Priceless! It has inspired me to keep a memory drawer. I have saved lots of stuff already, and now I am going to put them all in one place. Charlie has scanned a few things. So I think this project will pay off in a few years. Great. Now I am depressed that one day she wont be 5 anymore. ..

Anonymous said...

I love these. It's too bad they quit drawing. Mom



best viewed with Firefox