Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good-byes

This week, at work we spent our last week in our current office building. I've worked there for almost 6 years {hard to believe}. The past two days, no work really got done - all packing up and sorting and throwing away.

And saying good-bye...

goodbye desk [IMG_6066]

So, good-bye nicely darkened office {which took an act of God, 6 pages of Family & Medical Leave Act paperwork, a call from each living former Presidents of the United States, and a bribe of chocolates}.

goodbye office with name and mascott [IMG00286]

Good-bye room {that housed my cube} so unique that it was named and had its own mascot.

goodbye nicely remodeled building [IMG_6068]

Good-bye office building with a cafeteria, a nice 30 minute commute that didn't include any freeways, and situated near a mall and lots of restaurants.

goodbye target, my daily break friend [IMG_6070]

Good-bye Target. I shall miss our little afternoon trysts where I could pick up cat food, a sweater, yogurt, poster board and detergent.

{please, can't we still meet after the move?}

{I know I can make it work}

goodbye costco, I didn't appreciate you enough [IMG_6071]

Good-bye Costco. {sigh} I waited so long for you to arrive and yet I didn't fully appreciate you being just a parking lot away. A year is just too short of a time for us to have been together.

goodbye subway, your sandwiches were just a short walk away [IMG_6072]

Good-bye Subway. You had been such a faithful lunchtime friend, even after Target put in their freezer section. I will miss your good noms that came after just a short walk.
. . . . . . .

Tomorrow, we get a day off work {woo hoo!} while our computers and boxes are moved over to the new building. I have grand plans of starting to paint the kitchen cabinets.

Of course, all bets are off if I stumble upon a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon
I've got seven kids. The three words you hear most
around my house are 'hello,' 'goodbye,' and 'I'm pregnant'.
~ Dean Martin

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox