Monday had me driving a new way to work.
The best part? I drive by two Targets, a JoAnns, a Michaels and a Costco.
It might not be too bad of a commute.
At the new building, we have plenty of covered parking. So, even with my incredibly late start time, I can pick and choose which spot I want.
The new building is right across the street from a strip mall full of nice restaurants, fast food places, and a movie theater. I can pick up dog food on my lunch break!
The building itself is pretty on the outside and on the inside. My new home is on the second floor.
The interior is bright {BRIGHT} and clean. The desks are white {WHITE}. Everyone has a window view and the conference rooms have glass walls so I can see clean through to the other side of the building. It is a very beautiful work environment.
The lighting is mostly indirect and natural, but it does pose its own unique problems for me. I moved my computers from one side of the desk to the other several times on Monday {and I will be moving it again tomorrow}. I will also bring a black tablecloth to cut down on what light is reflected up from the desk.
Have I always been so high maintenance?
{don't answer that}
Nothing is more welcoming that a mug full of sweet treats! There was also all kinds of breakfast yummies from Paradise Bakery in each of the break areas on each floor {even at my late arrival time!}
And when I went to go get my lunch, I found a Panda Express right next to a Subway.
I think I might like the new location after all.
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.
~ Robert C. Gallagher
![new route to work [IMG_6181]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4792501708_20ce3930da.jpg)
![plenty of covered parking [IMG_6182]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4792517682_2b781e2550.jpg)
![nice, pretty new building [IMG_6184]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4791894553_0880d9bc5e.jpg)
![white {BRIGHT} desk [IMG_6188]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4792534922_e2095ee922.jpg)
![welcome goodies [IMG_6186]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4792549976_80b5609616.jpg)
![Panda _and_ Subway [IMG_6190]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4792555502_2c989fa45e.jpg)

2 comments:
Sounds like your new office has some really nice good points.
Love, Mom
seriously considering applying. you have named WAY too many perks... and i couldn't be more stoked for you. (oh, i appologize for not getting a pic of london in her stuff you made her... i will try and get one soon... camera still broken)
Post a Comment