Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lovely Hydrangeas

... courtesy of my mom who received lots of lovely flowers and thoughtful cards after her knee surgery.

hydrangeas [IMG_5564]

Before seeing these, I had never seen real hydrangeas {only silk} and didn't have a clue what they were called. But, my mom knows the name of each flower she receives.

and more hydrangeas [IMG_5568]

Apparently, {in other parts of the country, of course} these lovelies grow {outside!}.

lovely hydrangeas [IMG_5570]

Of course, I had to take the opportunity to take a few pictures to share with you.
To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat.
~Beverly Nichols

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I clicked and I double clicked on comment. I gave up and closed your blog and discovered this box open.

Today, 1 month and 3 days after the hydrangeas were given to me there is still one cluster of blossems on the plant.I can't think of any other plant that has had flowers last this long. The flowers lasted longer than the note cards which I sent out with great motherly pride. Thank you! Mom



best viewed with Firefox