Tuesday, June 15, 2010

{ 7 teen }

We were late this year in celebrating Justin's birthday, mostly because I kept 'forgetting' to send out the invites on facebook (like that is too hard). As a result, I ended up picking a weekend where some of the usual suspects also had plans {and plans that I was bummed to miss too}.

But, the rest of us did have some fun.

the girls [IMG_5664]

I sent my sister out with the girls to get the picture taking started 'cuz I wasn't feeling my best. She got some cute pic's of the girls.

silliness is starting [IMG_5665]

cuteness warning [IMG_5666]

a smile! [IMG_5681]

And, she did the impossible. She got a picture of Brooks smiling!

hands in the air

The girls were having lots of fun together.

mom & son [IMG_5686]

Another smile from Brooks. Tiffany always is photogenic.

mom & dad [IMG_5688]

Grammy and Pappy

gift [IMG_5689]

Uncle John always brings his gifts in the best wrapping! This was the wrapping and it held yummies! But, even better was the discussion with Justin about his future and how he should consider the fire department as his career.

birthday pie [IMG_5693]

And here is the Birthday Pie, which was also came with the birthday cake. Both were a part of the food club boxes we've been getting through church. We always seem to get just what we need {although the pink flowers on the cake might have Justin disagreeing with that}.

lighting the candles [IMG_5697]

Justin lighting the candles which were cute but not very functional. One of them burnt out before we even started singing Happy Birthday.

happy birthday [IMG_5700]

But, they are cute!

my sister & Z [IMG_5706]

My sister and Zella.

J & E

I tortured the boy, making him endure the camera at the end of the party. It just didn't seem right to have pictures of everyone else but not of the birthday boy. I made Emma join him {to torture him or her? hard to tell}.

It is just so hard to believe that my boy is seventeen. He's been driving for a year. He'll graduate from high school in just two years.

Its like he's growing up or something.

{ Anyone know how to stop that? }
It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball.
I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
~ Hank Aaron

2 comments:

jill marie barrett said...

when you figure it out, bottle it up because i will be a truck load! we had a great time. happy birthday justin!

just think, he is only 1 year younger than you were when you got married...

Anonymous said...

and the good (?) news is time keeps going faster and faster. Mom



best viewed with Firefox