We ended up putting most of them in the dinning room, which makes the space look so wonderful.
The china hutch that we had before was the one that the previous owners of the house left for us. Since we didn't have anything, we kept it but it wasn't my favorite. Needless to say, I was very thankful that my sister-in-law already had plenty of buffets and hutches, because this is one of Grams' pieces that I have admired from afar.
And, it was a lot of fun putting all of our dishes, candles, linens, and all the rest in the buffet.
Grams' had two corner cabinets that she was not going to keep. This is the one that Keith picked out.
Love it.
I love that I finally have a special place for my great-grandma Ewe's waffle maker.
We also got one of her tables and a few chairs which completes the room...
...and makes me feel like I'm at Grams' house,
which always was our 'vacation' home away from home
on the weekends.
And best of all, I finally have a place to display the heart doily that I made oh so long ago.
Its made up of 5 hearts with a small medallion in the center.
True story: after I had made each of the hearts, I lost the pattern before I had made the medallion for the center and joined them all together. I was going to try to make something up but that wasn't working out too well. Amazingly, years later, my Mom found the pattern in her knitting bag and I was finally able to finish the doily {whew}.
But, even after finishing it, I really didn't have a place to use it. So, it was put away.
Of course, after being tucked away for a while, it wasn't in its best shape. It definitely needed to be stretched.
It wasn't easy to stretch it either. I don't have anything big enough to stretch anything of this size, so I had to stretch it one half at a time on my ironing board and then stretch the center again {because it was off kilter}.
I'm so glad that I can finally use it! And since Grams' had such a nice collection of crocheted items, it is just the right thing to complete the room.
Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
~ Mark Twain
![new dining room furniture [IMG_5612]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4672881205_2e3c416366.jpg)
![love the new buffet [IMG_5616]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4673509394_062453b6ca.jpg)
![corner shelf [IMG_5617]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4673515516_7c4b55271a.jpg)
![luv it! [IMG_5620]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4672896915_860ca47d50.jpg)
![heart doily [IMG_5622]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4673529736_44978f4bc1.jpg)
![one of five hearts [IMG_5624]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4673533488_df910563fe.jpg)
![in all its glory [IMG_5627]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4672915941_c21bfebf8b.jpg)
![decorative touch [IMG_5631]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4672919799_997b01bb37.jpg)

2 comments:
wow looks amazing!! love the doily!!!! :)
Your pictures are great and it the pieces fit the space well. Mom
Post a Comment