Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spending Time with Mom and Dad

My mom has held off her knee replacement surgery as long as any one person can. One doctor told her that of the three things {tendons, ligaments, whatever} holding her knee together, she only had one and if that one went, she'd be in a wheel chair. So, come the day after Mother's Day, she was scheduled for her surgery bright and early that Monday morning.

I was able to take a few sick days that week to stay with Dad one night, spend time with her in the hospital and be there the day she came home. I also dropped by last Saturday to spend a little time with them.

One of those days, Dad and I both grabbed our cameras and went outside to take pictures of the many flowers that they have in their yard. It was a nice diversion for Dad and, of course, that was my only motivation {and I'm going to stick with that story no matter what you think otherwise}.

decorative garlic [IMG_5500]

yellow [IMG_5502]

water lilly [IMG_5504]

hibiscus [IMG_5509]

minature rose [IMG_5513]

white rose [IMG_5529]

yellow rose [IMG_5531]

pink rose [IMG_5537]

rose [IMG_5540]

I must say, I am a little bit jealous of the beauties they have in their yard!

Mom is recovering quite quickly, mostly because she was in such good shape before her surgery but also because she is a very determined woman who doesn't let set backs hold her down {too long}. She is homebound until she gets clearance to drive and then she will be back to work and unstoppable {as usual}.
Earth laughs in flowers.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox