Sunday, May 2, 2010

Golf Match

I had the rare pleasure of walking with Justin at one of his golf matches a few weeks ago. Since his matches are during the week and right after school, it is hard for Keith and I to attend any of them, so when Justin asked me to attend one of his JV matches, I took the day off just so I could.


instructions [IMG_5356]

Golf matches are much more relaxed than any other sporting event I've ever been too. Here, the kids are getting their instructions. After this, all of the golf coaches tee off first and then the participants.

And that is the last time you'll see the coaches.

So, now you know why you would want to be a golf coach.

Free golf.

that's m'boy [IMG_5357]

That's m'boy. It was a chilly, breezy day!

smiley

Justin's tradition is to mark his golf balls.

Spreading the love.

tee off [IMG_5365]

Justin was in the last group which was just a two-some. That meant they finished golfing each hole pretty quickly and we waited a lot for the groups ahead of us to finish. And that meant standing still in the breezes and trying to not be chilly.

stormy [IMG_5369]

Silver lining: beautiful skies!

cloudy [IMG_5370]

I can claim no skill in these pictures. I was just present to see the beautifully painted skies.

future pga'r [IMG_5371]

It was really neat to watch Justin golf. To see the boys starting to take on the mannerisms of professional golfers was just fun.

fabulously painted sky [IMG_5373]

Ok, this makes up for freezing to death. Just wish I knew that I had captured such beauty that afternoon.

Maybe, now you'll understand my obsession with clouds?

on the green [IMG_5374]

end of the storm [IMG_5378]

on the green [IMG_5379]

will we get rain? [IMG_5380]

on the back 4 1/2 [IMG_5385]

smiley golf meets club [IMG_5407]

rainbow [IMG_5408]

About this time in the {late} afternoon, we had a storm cloud overhead that should have been raining on us. It was raining, but the rain was evaporating before it hit the ground. I got hit with only one drop of rain.

The rainbow in the distance was much brighter in person. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long.

only bunker shot of the day [IMG_5410]

Justin's only bunker shot of the day.

sun peeking through [IMG_5414]

Just because the sun started to peek through the clouds, that didn't mean it started to warm up. It was cold and breezy the entire match!

birdie? [IMG_5418]

It was really a nice treat to be able to walk the course with the boys. I'm not sure if I was much of a good luck charm or if I'll ever {ever} be invited back, but I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with Justin on the golf green.
Everyone has a photographic memory,
but not everyone has film.
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Charlie B said...

kim, your photography skills are amazing. i love the pictures in this post. the coarse looks so beautiful this time of year. and i love the fact that justin markes his golf balls. for some reason, that just makes me smile.
jill b



best viewed with Firefox