A couple of years ago, my sister gave me a little clippy with a crocheted butterfly and asked if I could make a butterfly like that. I did what I could and enjoyed every minute of making her gift.
I also took notes. You see, I had just joined Ravelry and thought it would be cool to post the patterns on the blog and on ravelry. Of all my posts, the butterfly pattern is the most viewed post, having been viewed a total of 18,672 times since it was posted and generally getting between 20 to 40 views a day. Wow. So you can understand why I would want to do it all over again!
But before I post the patterns, I thought I'd share all of the little scrapbooking items that I made.
I made three, 12 inch crocheted borders to be used on her scrapbook pages.
The patterns come from the book 111 Easy Edgings published by Leisure Arts.
I made patterns #37, 38, and 46.
All of the patterns in the book are worked top to bottom so you can make them as long as you want and you don't have to decide before you start.
These were super easy to make, so I certainly will try some of the other patterns in the book.
Ok, I know. I love my pictures {too much}.
But, I didn't just make items from the book. I also made up a few new patterns too...
Spirals, rosettes, daisies, and another butterfly!
UPDATE: Jill posted some layouts where she has already used some of these items. Love how they turned out!
I'm working on posting the patterns, but I'll probably space them out over the next few months. Which will convienently bring us close to the summer and the time to think of new patterns...
Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into.
~ Henry Ward Beecher
![mushrooms [IMG_3060]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4421540158_3bbc932213.jpg)
![mushrooms [IMG_3062]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4420804045_29c39ce1de.jpg)
![little towers [IMG_3088]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2763/4420815711_b930039687.jpg)
![closeup [IMG_3089]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4421598674_8b98553177.jpg)
![flowers [IMG_3091]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4421613712_901b6b6f96.jpg)

![up close [IMG_3094]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4421731754_d2df0197f4.jpg)
![new patterns [IMG_3086]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4421738118_1d74f2b1a0.jpg)
![rosettes [IMG_3065]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2705/4421504158_31105fbfd4.jpg)
![flowery rosettes [IMG_3070]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4421743804_2812374a29.jpg)
![more daisies [IMG_3082]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2689/4420981715_ac9dbd4c16.jpg)
![butterfly [IMG_3085]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4420983901_22df432909.jpg)

5 comments:
wow. you are so talented!!! thats awesome!
:D so intricate! so delicate!
i posted a new post on my blog that shows 2 examples of what you gave me...
thanks again
i love that whenever i look at them, they make me think of you and how thankful i am that i am your sister. i love you
jill b
i posted a new post on my blog showing two examples of the borders. thanks again. i love that when i look at them, i am reminded that i am so lucky to be your sister. i love you.
jill b
So how do we get some of those flowers to put on clips for the girls' hair (by we I mean me and Tiff!)You know we LOVE you Kim!!!
Post a Comment