Sunday, March 7, 2010

Strongman Competition

Last Saturday, my nephew Jesse was in a strongman competition so we all went out to support our favorite strongman.

B and his Papa [IMG_4808]

Brooks and his Papa.

not feeling well [IMG_4811]

Presley wasn't feeling so good that day.

smiley [IMG_4814]

London always smiles for the camera! You can't tell it, but her sweater was mis-buttoned. It was too cute!

best putter lip of the day [IMG_4816]

This is a rare look at Chase with a putter-lip. Before this, I had never seen Chase with anything other than a smile on his face. He was upset because he had to sit in a chair and couldn't roam where ever he wanted to. Right before his imprisonment, he had dropped goldfishies on the ground and then dumped his water bottle on them and danced in the mush. Obviously, his imprisonment was undeserved :)

His melancholy lasted, oh, about 2 seconds.

coloring

Tyler and London coloring in the back of the car while the competition continues.

strong man!

So, Jesse is, like, strong. That 'stone' is 240 pounds {or that might have been the larger one, someone correct me if I'm wrong}. He lifted that over the bar time and time again.

Very impressive! This is real world strength, not just muscles built up to look pretty on a stage.

This was the only event that we saw. When we arrived they had just finished up the tire moving event {where they flip the tire, end over end over end}. I really wished I had seen that!

well deserved rest

A well deserved rest.

Keith and Mr. Serious

Keith and Brooks. Brooks is always so serious when I am around, although I have seen pictures of him smiling so I know he can.

I got to hold him too.

2nd Place! [IMG_4838]

Jesse got 2nd place and got two trophies. And I think He even qualified for a state/national strongman competition - how cool is that?

proud of her daddy [IMG_4841]

I know that someone is quite proud of her daddy. There are a few more members of his family that are proud of his accomplishments too.
A strong man and a waterfall always channel their own path.

1 comment:

Mrs. Nettles said...

That was a great post. You (as always) got some awesome pics of Jes lifting that thing and stuff :) I need you to give me some tips on photography.... I heart all your pics!



best viewed with Firefox