So, when I looked out again what seemed a few minutes later, this is what I saw...
And I thought...
G A R D E N ! ! !
Keith was not surprised in the slightest.
The tools started coming out and the fun began.
And since we've had all kinds of rain and the ground was covered, the soil is good and wet and there were worms everywhere.
The worms were not very lively. The ones in the ground played dead unless you touched them but the one that I held finally started to move after a bit.
It was good family time outside.
Everyone {except me} took turns churning soil.
You can see the rest of us as a reflection in the window. Think of us as cheerleaders instead of onlookers. It was hard work. One would do a row and pass the task to the next.
The fountain's next place was going to be inside by the front door, but even that has already been nixed.
So who knows where it will be but there will be a water feature somewhere in the vicinity.
It was a nice afternoon to be outside. Who knows how many more we'll have? Each Spring we brace ourselves for the inevitable heat of the summer.
But, I'm excited that we'll be planting something and having something to look forward to {other than swimming, long days, no school... Ok, maybe I am ready for Summer}
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.
![cleaned up the garden [IMG_4867]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4434596030_88500c3f48.jpg)
![part of the potted garden [IMG_4868]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4433823607_cb9a56a476.jpg)
![tilling the soil [IMG_4871]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2689/4434601592_93618e3703.jpg)
![potted garden relic [IMG_4869]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2764/4433830365_9e2d13f45d.jpg)
![worms from the soil [IMG_4872]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4433833579_8159a4d984.jpg)
![goofy [IMG_4873]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2677/4433835997_b444637c27.jpg)
![our helper [IMG_4874]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4433839121_8aa1c3c3b1.jpg)
![E's turn [IMG_4880]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4433850421_f31385f024.jpg)
![faithful companion [IMG_4878]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4433842569_2560b07f9c.jpg)
![fountain plans on hold [IMG_4891]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4434631156_51853b6e7e.jpg)
![mood lighting [IMG_4893]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4433859987_225f935ece.jpg)
![golf tee-off markers [IMG_4896]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4434638262_8a916c7017.jpg)

1 comment:
blehh you would pick the worst picture of me ;)
Post a Comment