Rumor had it that the table was somewhere underneath the sewing machine.
So, the task of the day: find a new home for my "new" sewing machine.
Leah had gotten a new desk, what?, two years ago. She was going to get half and Justin the other half. Well, Leah's half has been put together in her room, but Justin's has been in the box ever since. I say, a good lack of ambition means the desk is mine.
I was able to put it together fairly quickly. Only had to take it apart a couple of times {just a few pieces}. Justin found the tools necessary, other than the phillips screwdriver, 'cuz I know where that one lives.
And, I decided to put the computer key board tray in backwards so that it was more like a desk drawer without a back.
Now, to find a place for this desk...
I cleared out a small spot in Leah's room. The room has been quite lonely now that Leah rarely frequents it and we don't need a lonely room, now do we? I didn't think so. Besides, I'm only taking up a small spot. And, maybe, someday, when my own bedroom is a proper master bedroom again and if Leah needs that 2' x 4' rectangle back, I can always move the table again. {Now, who am I trying to convince?}
On another note: Justin is quite happy that I've moved out my sewing box out of his room.
The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.
~ Mary Kurtz
![busy [IMG_4633]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/4366446349_c295c9a3a7.jpg)
![new home [IMG_4642]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4366461793_ddfa08cb9a.jpg)

2 comments:
yay!! Every sewing machine needs a special spot. cute idea! Now--- I wanna see what you are sewing...
what are you gonna make? i need a spot for my machine. great, now i need a bigger house...
jill b
Post a Comment